Manage expansion and growth
A computer-based business game to develop a successful strategy
In Strategic Challenge, experienced and prospective business leaders learn how to make complex management decisions quickly, decisively, and successfully in critical situations. Particular emphasis is placed on decision-making and problem solving techniques that have proved successful in day-to-day management. In teams, the participants head and develop a retail chain. The aim is to successfully create and execute an expansion strategy for the firm. The teams are required to take the macroeconomic environment into account and are responsible for all key management decisions. The participants are pitted against competitors within a virtual marketplace. Complex software is used to evaluate the decisions made by the individual firms and to simulate the competitive environment. Alongside the obligatory hard facts, the soft skills required for strategic decision-making are also taken into consideration. In a safe environment, the participants learn how their expertise, emotional competence and motivation can impact on strategic decision-making.
Something for everyone
- For companies and organizations that face strategic reorientation because of a dynamic competitive environment.
- For teams in companies and organizations that need to make decisions under time pressure.
- For teams that require an effective set of tools to analyze complex situations and implement solutions.
Seminar length: 3 days
9 – 16 participants
- Effective decision-making under time pressure.
- Exposure to fundamental strategic principles and issues.
- Experience working in high-pressure management teams, dealing with complexity.
- Laura VadderStudentin an der Universität Passau
Dein Seminar war wirklich spitze! Ich habe so viel gelernt und daraus mitgenommen! Einfach super!!!
- Irina Yashkova & Michael YurinMoscow EMBA-23
Thank you for this opportunity to learn in a safe environment. The TOPSIM simulation is a great tool to try out different strategies and play out different ideas. Thank you for your guidance and gently steering us to the right direction. It`s been an invaluable expirience.
- I’d like to take a chance and thank you for the well-organized session-training on Project Management. We also were very fascinated with your movie at the end of our program. That was so perfect and emotional.Tural NabizadePASHA Bank
Deine Art und Weise hilft jedem sich aktiv zu beteiligen. Du hast auch eine Gabe, Dinge zu erkennen und zu analysieren. Es hat großen Spaß gemacht
Vielen Dank für dieses hammer Training. Mir hat es noch mal so geholfen, meinen Bereich zu scannen, wie ich arbeite, was ich falsch mache (= Gemacht habe) ... aber vor allem, wie es gut Richtung Zukunft weitergeht!
- Thanks very much for extremely useful program over these two days I have learned more about working in team then in the last couple of years...Alexander SvinovDecision Maker